Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Maple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars Recipe

With its hearty texture and comforting flavors, oatmeal has always been a staple breakfast food.  However, what is it about this classic that makes it so good for you?
For starters, oatmeal is full of dietary fiber which has many different benefits. Fiber increases satiation, meaning it helps you feel fuller for longer. Additionally, fiber binds to cholesterol in the blood and helps draw it out, lowering cholesterol and promoting good heart health. Diets high in fiber have also been linked to lower risk for colorectal cancer and lower blood pressure. Oats also provide many essential minerals such as thiamine, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
Try these Maple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars for a twist on classic oatmeal!

Ingredients:
·       2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
·       1 tsp cinnamon
·       1/2 tsp baking powder
·       1/2 tsp salt
·       1 cup milk
·       1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 large banana)
·       1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps pure maple syrup
·       1/4 cup coconut oil
·       1 egg
·       1 tsp vanilla
·       1/3 cup chopped pecans (opt)

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 pan
2.) Place 1 cup of the oats into a blender or food processor and blend until they are a flour  consistency.
3.) Add milk, mashed banana, egg, vanilla and oil to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining oats, oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix well. If desired, fold in the chopped pecans.
4.) Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

Find more information on the benefits of oatmeal at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270680.php.
Recipe derived from: https://iowagirleats.com/2017/04/21/maple-cinnamon-oatmeal-breakfast-bars/

10 comments:

  1. Here is the 2017 sunshine list (salary disclosure) for Brock University (released March 23th, 2018). The total number of individuals on the list for this year is 588. The total salaries on the list is $91,021,643.07, with the average salary for someone on the list of $154,798.71.  Mclimen Alma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with almost all important infos. I’d like to look more posts like this
    autoketing.com
    email app download
    email with love by autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? I really like your posts. I wander on the internet to find something new or unique. And I see your articles. I decided to linger at your site and read more and more. I hope that you can upload new posts. I will be the first one to read them. Thanks a million
    y8y8y8 for free game
    kizi land
    jogos gogy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little study on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch
    Fortnite Building Simulator GamePlay
    Shell Shockers Game
    Happy Wheels Game

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story of cinderella Games to play
    Crime city 3d 2 Games online
    Top burger Games for girls
    Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. Free elsa breakup drama
    Unblock the ball games online
    Games princess and adult princess
    It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a great job on this article. It’s very readable and highly intelligent. You have even managed to make it understandable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you
    bob the robber 4 japan online , fireboy and watergirl 4 best online games , mario banzai best online games ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I'd read it for myself. Very interesting insights will be back for more.miniclip games for kids, a10 games, Jogo live

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don’t usually comment but I gotta state thanks for the post on this great one. I feel good when reading your posts. Those are what I want to know. Thank you for introducing useful information to us
    friv Games
    jogo io
    2player games

    ReplyDelete

  10. food games
    basketball game
    soccer games play
    Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! I don’t even know the way I finished up here, however I assumed this put up was once good.

    ReplyDelete