Thursday, November 1, 2018

Keeping Up With Your Immune System

A cold or the flu may not be able to be fully prevented during this season, but having a healthy immune system can give your body some extra protection. A lifestyle that involves nutrient-rich foods and healthy habits can promote the health of your immune system. 

Nutrients that play a role in the immune system can be found in many foods:

  • Beta Carotene: This can be found in foods, such as sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, mango, broccoli, and tomatoes. 
  • Vitamin C: Foods that contain vitamin C include: citrus fruits, berries, melons, tomatoes, bell peppers, and broccoli. 
  • Zinc: Beef, seafood, beans, and nuts are all good sources of zinc. 
  • Probiotics: These are the “good” bacteria that promote immune health. Cultured dairy products and fermented foods contain probiotics. Such foods include yogurt and kimchi. 
  • Protein: This is found in foods, such as milk, yogurt, eggs, beef, chicken, seafood, nuts, seeds, beans, and lentils. 

Good lifestyle behaviors also help to keep your immune system healthy. Good behaviors could include: having a balanced eating plan with lots of fruits and vegetables, having good hygiene by washing your hands, managing stress by exercising, and getting plenty of sleep. Keeping these tips in mind throughout this season will lead to a healthier immune system and lifestyle. 

4 comments:

  1. One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
    autoketing
    recent sales notification popup
    sale notification website

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
    y8 games
    friv3play games
    friv5 games

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
    y8 games
    friv3play games
    friv5 games

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I want to talk to you is thank you. Your posts help me open my mind. I find them very interesting. They ease me in the hard time. Thanks for sharing your articles.
    basketball 2018 games for girls
    draw play 3 games to play
    bicycle simulator unblocked games

    ReplyDelete