Sunday, June 16, 2013

How to Make the Most of Your Visit with a Dietitian

It is very important to be open and honest with your Dietitian in order to lead to successful lifestyle changes. Here are some smart questions to ask your Dietitians during your appointment:
1)      How does my current diet and lifestyle pattern affect my health?
2)      How will this consultation help me reach my goals?
3)      Set goals and then ask- When should I expect to see results?
4)      What if I am not able to follow the plan you prescribed? Can I contact you again?
5)      If you are prescribed supplements or protein powders, make sure you find out why! Is it because you don't meet your requirements through your diet or is it because you have an increased need for it?
6)      Will the diet or exercise plan prescribed interact with any of your current medication?
Being prepared for your first appointment will allow for a productive visit and for you to feel confident about the established plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment