-Buy your least favorite kind of candy because you will not be as tempted to eat it.
-Buy the miniature candies instead of the snack size. The smaller candies are the perfect size and help cut extra calories.
-Keep it out of sight after it is purchased; if you do not see it, you probably won’t think about it.
-Fill up on a healthy meal or snack before going trick-or-treating or just eating Halloween candy because you probably will not eat as much if you are already full.
-Toss the extras. Keep a few of your favorite candies, and take the rest to work, or throw it away.
-Don’t deprive yourself. The candy can become more tempting if it is a “forbidden” treat.
Here are some SMART SWITCHES when it comes to Halloween Candy:
- A mini 3 Musketeers bar has 24 calories, while the fun-size version has 70 calories.
- A mini Butterfinger has 45 calories, while the fun-size version has 100 calories.
- A mini Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar has 42 calories, while the fun-size version has 95 calories.
- A mini Kit Kat has 42 calories, while the fun-size version has 80 calories.
- A mini Snickers has 45 calories, while the fun-size version has 95 calories.