Reaching or maintaining a healthy weight can be difficult. Balancing food intake with physical activity is the key to success. Slow, steady weight loss is more likely to last than dramatic weight changes, according to eatright.org. Listed here are a few small steps to a reach a healthier you.
1. Swap dates for sugar in oatmeal, smoothies, and shakes.
2. Instead of mayo, spread avocado as a sandwich topping.
3. Try frozen grapes to curb a sweet tooth.
4. Incorporate chopped nuts as bread crumbs.
5. Use large pieces of lettuce for tortillas.
6. Substitute black beans for flour in baking.
7. Applesauce can be a great substitute for flour and some sugar in recipes.
8. Try using plain Greek yogurt as sour cream.
9. Incorporate yogurt instead of mayo in heavy dressing salads.
10. Opt for fruit as a topping instead of syrup.
For further instructions on substituting, check out these healthy recipe substitutions. This can be a great resource for incorporating healthier options into your daily routine. http://greatist.com/health/83-healthy-recipe-substitutions.